Dog & Cat Boarding in Homewood, AL
Trust our professional and friendly team to take great care of your pet during your next trip.
At Standifer's Animal Clinic, we’re proud to offer outstanding boarding services for your beloved pet in addition to comprehensive veterinary care.
We know that each pet is unique, and our veterinary professionals will make every effort to accommodate your pet’s needs and ensure they are safe, happy, and cared for during their stay.
Pet Boarding at Standifer's Animal Clinic
Your pet’s comfort and well-being are our top priorities.
Our dedicated staff uses their knowledge of animal care to keep your pet healthy and happy during their stay.
We offer separate boarding facilities for cats and dogs so our feline friends can have a little peace and quiet during their stay.
About Our Pet Boarding Facilities
We take great pride in maintaining a clean and comfortable facility for your pet.
Our boarding area is temperature-controlled and spacious, and your pet receives frequent care and attention from our friendly, compassionate staff.
Should any medical problems arise during your pet’s stay, you can have peace of mind that our veterinarians will make sure they are treated appropriately.
Standifer’s Daycare Guidelines
- We require all dogs to be up to date on their DAPP, Bordetella, Rabies, and fecal.
- You must text (205)598-6123 in order to schedule daycare. Texts must be received before 5 pm on the day before you plan on bringing in your pet. If you would like your dog to participate in swim time, please let us know when you schedule daycare.
- Swim time will be an extra $5 per day
- Dogs will be able to get either a pup cup, a lick mat, or a doggie puzzle every day they come to daycare. If you would like your pet to have another enrichment treat, there will be an extra charge.
- We will be closed on certain days surrounding holidays. We will let you know the dates at least a week prior to closing.
- We bathe daycare dogs daily between 3-4:00 PM for $25. If you would like your dog to be bathed, your pick-up time will be after 4. This price only covers a bath. We do not guarantee that they will be completely dry.
- If there are any incidents with your dog, we will notify you with a phone call or inform you when you pick up, depending on the severity of the incident.
- Dogs that do better with solo play will still get the same amount of time in the yard as the rest of the dogs and will get to play with a staff member and toys instead.
- For the safety of our staff and pets, dogs will not play in the yard within 20 minutes of it thundering.
Dog & Cat Boarding Requirements
All boarding guests must be up-to-date on vaccinations. If your pet requires any vaccinations before staying with us, we are happy to provide the vaccines for an additional fee.
We require dogs to be up-to-date on:
- Canine Distemper/Parvovirus
- Bordetella (Kennel Cough)
We require cats to be up-to-date on:
- Feline Distemper
Please bring all medications your pet is taking in original packaging with drug information and directions clearly legible.
Reservations are preferred, especially during holidays, but we can generally accommodate last-minute or emergency boarding needs.
Our boarding facility is open for drop-off and pick-up whenever the office is open.
Why Board Your Pet at a Veterinary Practice?
- Medications are administered by trained veterinary staff.
- If there is an emergency or your pet needs immediate medical care, our veterinarians and medical team are onsite for a quick response.
- If your pet requires updated vaccinations before boarding, we can take care of those before your pet's scheduled boarding date. If possible, please allow two weeks between vaccination and boarding.
- We offer veterinary exams or other medical services needed during your pet’s stay.
We welcome your questions about our boarding facilities and policies and are eager to discuss how we can make your pet’s stay as positive as possible.
Let us answer all your questions and put your concerns to rest. Call today to learn about our accommodations and boarding policies or to schedule your pet’s stay.